Herbal Lotions and Potions
This is an enjoyable theatrical, hands on experience with Brother Fiacre, the patron Saint of Gardeners. The medieval herbal gardens nurtured by the monks were said to be early versions of modern Botanic Gardens. On this interactive journey students will learn all about the history of herbal medicine, with a host of traditional remedies for common illnesses and ailments.
- Explore the Botanic Gardens, learning about the history of herbal medicine.
- Participate in hands-on demonstrations of a variety of herbal medicines.
- Learn about traditional beliefs of the medieval ages.
Themes: Sustainability, solar system, environments
- HT4-3: describes and assesses the motives and actions of past individuals and groups in the context of past societies
- HT4-7: identifies and describes different contexts, perspectives and interpretations of the past
Bookings and more information
If you have a question about this activity, please email or call us on (02) 4227 7667.
If you're ready to book, use the form on our Excursion page and note this as one of your preferred activities.
- Early Childhood
- Primary Schools
- High Schools
- Tertiary Students
- School Holidays
- Tours and Workshops