Celebrating the Power of Plants!
Sunday 30 May, 10am to 4pm
Plants are our superheroes. Let's explore their value as food and medicine, wildlife habitat, their impact on our wellbeing and their critical role on influencing our climate.
There's something for everyone, and it's all FREE.
Costa Georgiadis and Clarence Slockee (from ABC Gardening Australia) will also be here on the day!
- Buggy & Walking Tours
- Behind the Scenes Nursery Tours
- Bush Tucker Garden Tours
- Nature Wellness Trail
- Kids Scavenger Hunt
- The Tree Musketeers Show
- Photography - Celebrating 50 years of Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Botanic Art - Rare & Endangered Species
- Suzanne Thompson, Australian Native Food & Botanicals (ANFAB)
- Georgina Reid, The Planthunter
- Dr Peter Buchanan, Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research
- James Beattie, Living Collections Curator, Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Ricardo Simao, Manager Environmental Systems, RBGV
More than 100 botanic gardens, arboreta and gardens across Australia and New Zealand will be participating in this national event to highlight the significant work undertaken at botanic gardens to ensure plants survive into the future.
We hoe you can join us, and who knows, you may 'find your inner botanist'.
More details and the full schedule will be posted here soon.