Event and Party Guidelines
If you’re holding an event or gathering at Wollongong Botanic Garden, there are a few rules you need to know. In addition to our normal Garden rules, these additional rules are in place to help you have fun, while protecting our plants and animals, and making sure other visitors aren’t disturbed.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- No vehicles can enter the Garden. You’ll need to use our allocated car parks or on-street parking.
- No decorations, like streamers or balloons can be attached to structures, trees or plants.
- No jumping castles.
- No BBQs. There are two free push-button BBQs near our All Abilities Playground which you can use, but you will need to share them with other visitors if required. The BBQs cannot be reserved.
- Your event can’t disrupt any other booked activities in the Garden, such as weddings.
You can bring the following items into the Garden. Just remember you can’t drive into the Garden, so make sure these can be easily carried!
- Tables and chairs
- Pop-up shade shelters no more than 3m2. You’ll need to use weights to secure your shelter, as tent pegs are not allowed.
- Event marquees may be assembled on the lawn north-east of the Discovery Centre with approval from the Garden. Marquees provided by third-party suppliers need to provide Public Liability Insurance.
- Urns are welcome at Celebration of Life ceremonies however ashes and flowers cannot be scattered or remain following the event.
Please note, if you are using an external provider to equip your event, the supplier will need to have Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20 million. You will need to provide a copy of their Certificate of Currency.
If you have any questions about rules for parties, please email us or call (02) 4227 7667 during business hours.