The Ghost of Courtney Puckey
Have you ever wanted to meet an historical figure, an important local person, a ghost from our recent past? Now's your chance. Courtney Puckey, the original owner of Puckeys Estate from the early part of the 20th Century, is ready to share the memories he has of family and daily life on his Estate. He will also tell you about his wonderful salt-making experiments in Wollongong at the time. So get ready to explore an exciting episode of our local history and uncover the importance of conserving the natural and the built environment.
- Explore Puckeys Estate, now an annex of Wollongong Botanic Garden, learning about the history and geography of this important site.
- Participate in hands-on demonstrations of a variety of episodes in the life of a 19th Century and Early 20th Gentleman.
- Learn all about our impact on this important natural environment.
Themes: Heritage, Sustainability, Impact on natural environments
- HT4-3: describes and assesses the motives and actions of past individuals and groups in the context of past societies
- HT4-7: identifies and describes different contexts, perspectives and interpretations of the past
Bookings and more information
If you have a question about this activity, please email or call us on (02) 4227 7667.
If you're ready to book, use the form on our Excursion page and note this as one of your preferred activities.
- Early Childhood
- Primary Schools
- High Schools
- Tertiary Students
- School Holidays
- Tours and Workshops