Coronavirus: COVID-19 Update
We are open and our outdoor spaces are here to enjoy.
For many, our Gardens can be a valuable sanctuary and a welcome distraction. We have many outdoor spaces to enjoy, fresh air to explore, and quiet nooks for reflection.
If you’re planning a visit, please follow the NSW Government’s social isolation and distancing advice, and if you’re unwell and displaying flu-like symptoms stay at home.
Our priority is protecting our vulnerable community members, and the health, safety and well-being of our staff, volunteers, and the broader community so we have put a number of measures in place:
- Programs and events: Our School Holiday program has recommenced, along with some workshops and historical tours. Our guided buggy tours and school excursions are on hold until further notice. Check our event calendar to see what's on, and follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.
- Gatherings and parties: While we welcome visitors, gatherings and parties are only permitted if they are in line with current government advice. At present, 50 people can gather outdoors in a public place. No bookings are required for private gatherings, please ensure you follow the government's 2sqm rule at all times. Our BBQs are open.
- Wedding ceremonies: Wedding ceremonies are proceeding in line with NSW Health Guidelines and we are taking bookings for future wedding ceremonies.
- Food vendors: For opening hours at Garden Grounds Café in the Botanic Garden, and for opening hours at Mt Keira Lookout Kiosk, please contact the outlets directly.
- Sir Joseph Banks Glasshouse: The Glasshouse is closed until further notice.
- Volunteering: All public-facing volunteer activities are suspended.
We will continue to closely monitor and respond to Government health advice in this rapidly changing environment. We will provide updated information on our website and via our social media channels.
Thank you for your patience during this time.